Saturday, May 27, 2006

Quick Week in Review ...

It's been a while since my last post ... as has been the norm lately (I'm working on this and will make a better effort to post more regularly). First things first, how 'bout them OILERS, up 3-1 on Anaheim with a chance to clinch a spot in the Stanley Cup finals tonight --- GO OIL GO! (yup, you guessed it, no poker tonight!).

The past week has been busy and unfortunately not with much poker. Was down and out for a couple of days and of course with the OIL playing that took a couple of other days out of the mix.

I managed a good session, about 3 hours, on Monday night at Party. Was making fleeting attempt to clear my Party reload bonus (needing about 475 raked hands) in one night -- obviously didn't happen but did manage to come out ahead 30 BB. Based on my performance and the grind of the last month or so, I'll take it. Needless to say I didn't manage to clear the bonus and have to admit that this is the first bonus that I started and wasn't able to finish.

The only other poker really this week was on Thursday night when I had my last 'new player' freeroll at RB. Unfortunately I missed the first 40 mins or so and when I finally logged in it looks as though that was enough to put me out of contention. Amazingly enough there were about 310 people in this freeroll, the last two of these only had about 100. Anyway, when I logged in I had about 600 chips left with the blinds at 50/100 and me just about to hit the blinds - like I said, not much hope left. Well, I managed to pick up a few pots right out of the gate and double a couple of times. One of the pots I was way behind when I got my money all in pre-flop with 77 against 99 but ... spiked a 7 on the flop and doubled up. Very quickly I had my stack up to about 1500 and out of all-in or fold territory ... cool. I stayed patient and managed to get my stack up to about 6k and near the first page of the leaderboard. But, with this many people there was a long way to go. I stayed patient and amazingly enough we started to approach the bubble with about 4k in chips when .... I pick up TT UTG and go all-in and get a hesitated call from LP and he turns over 99 (hmmm sound familiar anyone?). The flop comes XX......9, yup again, TT vs. 99 and I'm done. In the end I finished 52, one off the bubble and 2 out of the money.

And finally, with no other reloads out there, so last night I took the Paradise plunge. After getting everything setup including PT (wow, what a pain in the a$$, having to request the HH every 15 mins or so). Was cruising along, up about $20 until I ran into the following hand ...

Dealt to poker1eh [ 9h 9c ]
2 folds, MP1 raise, 2 folds, CO calls, button folds, SB folds, Hero calls

FLOP 7h Jh Jd
Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks

TURN 9s
Hero bets, MP1 calls, CO folds

RIVER Kd
Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero reraises, MP1 caps

*** SUMMARY ***Pot: $12.75
Hero [ 9h 9c ] (a full house, nines full of jacks)
MP1 [ Jc Js ] (four of a kind, jacks)

WOW, and the capper for this is, MP1 is a big fish ... never, ever, ever could have put him on this hand. EVER!

A few other hands with like outcomes and I ended up down a couple of BB ... overall not too bad for my first night there. Was very happy with my play which is still where my main focus is.

That's it for now, DVR has started to capture the game so almost time to start watching. (DVRs are the greatest TV gadget ever, never watch live TV again and no more commercials !!!)

AA up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home