Monday, May 01, 2006

Grind, grind, grind … that is what it feels like for the last couple of weeks. I know I’ve been very delinquent and I apologize to all my many readers!

That being said, I think I left off as I was just feeling like I was coming out of my major downswing and really the last few weeks have been truly a grind. I haven’t won or lost much, just plowing through trying to keep my head above water. I think I’m +40 BB over that period (and most of it coming in one good session). And it’s not like I haven’t played much, I’ve been squeezing in as much as I can (much to the chagrin of poker1eh’s wife).

So, what’s the problem? Well, not really sure, I think I’m just adjusting my game and going through that learning curve. I recently finished reading Small Stakes Hold’em and have now started rereading it and picking up some of the early pre-flop strategies that I may have missed the first time around.

Here is a quick recap of what I’ve been up to the last few weeks …

I finished of the PR reload promo (and managed to come out of it about even, obviously not what I want but an improvement over the last month or so). Once I finished that up, I moved over to River Belle for their sign-up bonus – and actually just finished it up on Friday (and managed to come out of it +$30 …. Yeah!!!). And just as that wrapped up on Friday there was reports of a Party reload, I got that confirmed and last night made my deposit there and started down that road. The reload is 50% up to $100 clearing at 10x. I’ll likely keep plowing through this for the next week or so.

Also, on the weekend there was a $1000 new player freeroll at RB and figured I would sign-up for it. The only problem with this was the timing, starting at 3:30 in the afternoon just as the Oilers and Detroit game started --- major problem for me … well not really. GO OIL GO!!! So while watching the game I had the tourney open on my computer and during commercials and whistles I would check it out and maybe play a few hands. Funny how it worked out, very early on I managed to pickup a few hands and double up. This allowed me the time to miss some hands while watching the game and not be crippled. During the first intermission of the game I really went on a rush and made it as high as 3rd in chips. And from that point on I stayed mostly in the top 10 or 15 for the rest of the tourney. After the game ended I couldn’t spend all my time on playing but again managed to play enough hands to stay competitive. Finally, after 5 hours (which in my opinion is way to long for a freeroll to last), I busted out in 4th place, picking up $80.

This was some of the best and most patient tournament play that I’ve had yet. It was fun and I look forward to the next time I get to play in one. There are a few coming up this month at RB and one via PSO (a 10k freeroll, so I’ll want to be on the top of my game for this one!).

Anyway, that’s it for now, in the coming week I’ll have more posts covering off some of the other happenings of the last little while – including a BR update, review of PR and RB, and of course my revelation!

Back soon, AA up.

And GO OIL GO … biggest game of the year tonight!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:24 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i must say that not only has your game improved, but also your creative writing skills...(see: using words like chagrin in a sentence :-))
the fact that you are playing more might have something to do with the two poker books given to you for a christmas gift this year. what the heck was I thinking???? but all is not lost, you did take some time off the other night for the hockey game! and who am i to complain, at least this obsession keeps you at home...for the time being!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home