Saturday, March 18, 2006

It has been an interesting few days, so let’s catch up…

Wednesday night I wasn’t going play but ended up with what I thought would be a few mins so I decided to see if I could continue the run I’ve been on the last few days. As a foot note, I needed about another 100 hands to clear my bonus at Poker Rewards but wasn’t even thinking about clearing tonight. After about an hour I was way up again and was able to keep playing and managed a total of 2 hours for the night. In the end I was $48 … not bad even if I do say so myself. And also, the games seemed to be fairly loose and in 2 hours I was able to clear the 100 hands I needed to release my bonus … bonus!!!

So, I withdrew my money from PR with the plan to move it to Party. With my recent win streak my BR was now at $220 (not including my $70 bonus that should appear on Thursday).

After checking my PR account on Thursday morning my bonus was there and I decided to withdraw it as well to give me a total of $290 to deposit at Party – giving me the following reload bonus

1st bonus = $43 for playing 435 raked hands
2nd bonus = $43 for playing and additional 654 raked hands
3rd bonus = $43 for playing a further 870 raked hands

The key was to get the money deposited into Party by midnight Thursday in order to qualify for the bonus. With that in mind I kept an eye on my Neteller account for the PR money to arrive. As the day continued and I didn’t see the money I started to worry just a bit. It was time to check in with the Geek to see if his money has arrived yet (the Geek is also planning to follow the money at Party!!!). After chatting with the Geek and finding out his money wasn’t there yet we started to talk about alternatives.

After much research and a couple of calls to Poker Rewards to find out when our money would be available we knew we had to come up with a new plan – the money wasn’t going to get out in time for our deposit into Party. Well, now it boiled down to where the ‘line in the sand’ is for me in terms of adding my own money to the mix which would technically go against my objective. I decided that the only reason I didn’t have my $290 available was because of the poor quality of Poker Reward’s withdraw process (more on this later) and that shouldn’t stop my from playing (I know, maybe a slippery slop).

In the end I decided to use my own money to and deposited $290 into Party in order to qualify for the bonus program. Now, the minute my withdrawal from PR appears in Neteller you can bet I’m going to withdraw that money. (as of now Saturday mid day the money is still not out … very troubling that it takes that long)

So it’s on to Party Thursday night to try and play the 270 raked hands. I two tables for a while and at the suggestion of the Geek, I started three tabling in order to get the bonus on Thursday night. Yes, should have learnt this lesson already but it was obviously time for a refresher. In the end I lost $30 and got my $43 bonus … so, net $13. Not ideal and as I said, a good reminder for me.

I’ve not got 3 days to clear the next bonus in order to qualify for the last part of the bonus … so I need to play 645 hands before Sunday night. I had a good session last night and managed to not fall any deeper into the hole! The only thing with the second and third bonus is Party doesn’t give you a raked hand count and therefore you don’t know how far along you are. Therefore, based on the raked hand definition at Party we figure that 50 hands / table are raked each hour. So, based on the need to play 645 hand I need about 13 table hours to get the bonus – after Friday night I have about 9 hours logged and so I figure I need another 4 or 5 hours between now and Sunday … we’ll see.

That’s it for now, next time I’ll get a full BR update as well as my thoughts / review of Poker Rewards I’m also thinking about buying Poker Tracker, if I do I’ll let you know what it tells me about my game.

Until next time, AA up! (and I’ve had a few of these lately )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home